The Upper Room (Downtown Bangor)
The Upper Room is a spacious and newly constructed event space located on the second floor of Specialty Sweets Downtown (31 Main St). We will be hosting many events for the general public.
The room is also available for private functions (up to 49 people). For information about public events or private functions please call the downtown store at 307-7045.
The Upper Room of Specialty Sweets has great views of Main St. and West Market Square!
In addition to the event space there is also a smaller seating area that can be used in conjunction with the main room for various events. The seating area includes a full refrigerator/freezer with ice maker, microwave, coffee maker, water cooler, and kitchen sink. **Outside food and drinks are allowed with the exclusion of any item we sell/produce at Specialty Sweets.
Two ADA bathrooms are located on the main floor with access via stairwell. An elevator is also available for any person(s) in a wheel chair or unable to climb the stairs.
- Paint & Sip - $30/person (includes everything and chocolate - just bring your beverage).
- Private Paint & Sip - $30/person (includes everything and chocolate - just bring your beverage) 5 person minimum required.
- Kids "Canvas and Candy" Birthday Party for $250 includes:
- Room rental for 3 hours
- 1 hour with artist to paint a picture of your choosing
- 10 guests (can accommodate 20 max for additional fee)
- Favors for 10 guests or a candy buffet for 10 guests
- Time for presents and cake
Room Rental Pricing (as of 1/1/2017)
- Hourly Rental - $35/hour (you setup and clean up Monday-Saturday)
- After/Before Hours Rental - $45/hour (you setup and clean up)
- Extra time for setup/cleanup ($35/hour or $20.00 for 30 minutes)
- Cloth Linens for tables $15 (or bring your own)
- Trash Removal $25.00 (if you don't want to remove it yourself)
- Call and ask about packages to include favors, candy, popcorn, etc.